Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Beginning Goals

My beginning goal this semester is to find two or three apps or uses of technology to incorporate consistently into my teaching strategies. I have used google images, several speech pathology apps, and imovie in the past with good success. I would really like to find an avenue that allows me to post weekly for parent groups to keep them in the loop with our classroom information, particularly in the area of reading and speech goals. Having specific video of their child learning would be ideal to bring the information to life. The information would have to be secure so each student's identity could remain safe. I would also need a site that is not able to be changed after my initial posting so information remains accurate. It also has to be easily accessible to most people, even those with limited technology background.

I recently accessed Alphabet Organizer Online and learned more about it. I think this could be useful in assisting my students in learning their vocabulary words for our Wonders curriculum each week. My initial thought is to have the students enter their own picture and meaningful sentence. I need to work some more and determine how to have the students share this information with their parents . 


No comments:

Post a Comment