Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Free Apps that I have tried and use:

Tiny Tap: I have used this app to teach vocabulary. After uploading a picture of the student acting out the vocabulary word, they can add their own definition or sentence describing the term.

Heads Up: This app is great to practice verbal skills, categorization, and social skills. You can use the decks that are provided or add your own deck for .99.

Puppet Edu: My student teacher and I created a video of one of our students working on an IEP objective for vocalization. We added some verbal dictation to give the parents some direction and information about the video.




2 comments:

  1. I have used the Heads Up app with my class and I love it! With all of the vocabulary throughout our curriculum with reading, math, science etc. Heads Up is a great app to review with students and get them engaged in an interactive way. I have not only used it in my class to review the reading vocabulary we have every week, but also have added decks for science vocab to get them prepared for NESA! It is definitely a fun, brain-break app that students enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you have used Puppet Edu to create a video of one of your students. I only heard about this app yesterday at our staff meeting and it is one that I would like to explore more of.

    When you send the video to the parents-is it your intention for them to work with the student on your directions at home? I ask as I wonder if it could be used similar to Educreations for a classroom teacher. Could a classroom teacher create a lesson on a topic a student has missed or is struggling with to send to the parents for them to help support the concept at home?

    ReplyDelete